Diaper rash is one of the most common dermatological problems among kids. As much careful we tend to be, our children still get affected by this discomforting rash at some point.
The first time my girl suffered from a diaper rash, I did not know what to do. As uneasy it was for her, it was equally difficult for me to see her delicate bottom fully covered in red. Her constant wailing and distress was something that made me nervous. That’s when I realized the importance of maintaining a proper diaper hygiene and using a good diaper cream.
Following a good diaper-changing routine is always wise. Here are some steps I usually follow every time I change my kids’ diaper:
1. Washing hands before changing the diaper.
2. Changing the diaper as soon as it becomes heavy or soiled.
3. Cleaning the baby’s bottom and ensuring it’s dry before putting on the fresh diaper.
4. Sometimes I also apply some coconut oil or a mild bottom cream that could prevent rashes.
Recently I have started using Palmer’s Bottom Butter Diaper Rash Cream. This cream can be used for both the purposes- treating the severe rashes and also preventing it. Regular use of this cream can prevent the recurrence of rashes and also has a nourishing effect on the child’s skin.
1.This cream is hypoallergenic, paraben-free and phthalate-free.
2. It is dermatologist tested.
3. It contains Zinc Oxide as the active ingredient which is the number one pediatrician-recommended ingredient for treatment of diaper rash.
4. It also contains pure Cocoa Butter, Vitamins A, D and pro Vitamin B5.
Price and Availabilty
The cream is priced at Rs. 415 for 125g and is easily available on online at sites like Amazon, First Cry, Nykaa.
I found Palmer’s Bottom Butter Diaper Rash Cream to be very effective in treating the problem of rashes. It’s result was visible after using it twice. The cream seemed to have an immediate soothing effect on my girl. Her itching and scratching clearly reduced.
1. This cream is non-sticky, easy to apply and gets absorbed on the skin quickly.
2. Since the cream is hypoallergenic, it is unlikely to cause any allergic reaction. It is approved by dermatologists and hence, is safe to use.
3. The fact that it can be used to both prevent rashes and treat them is impressive.
4. The cream suited my child’s sensitive skin and it’s application did not cause any irritation or burning sensation.
5. The packaging of this product is good and provides all the relevant information about the constituents. It also mentions the directions on how to use it.
6. The tube has a safety seal and a strong lid that prevents the chances of leakage.
7. The cream also has a fragrance of cocoa butter which leaves a pleasant effect.
8. It is appropriately priced and much economical than various other brands available in the market.
1. Although it’s a non-sticky cream, it does not spread across the skin smoothly and requires rubbing once or twice. However once applied it does get absorbed easily on the skin.
2. I would personally prefer a smaller pack of this cream which would be ideal for travelling purpose. May be a pack of 50g or 75g would fit easily in my travelling kit.
Whether we use cloth diapers or disposables, diaper rash and the irritation that is caused due to wet skin, still finds it way among kids. Palmer’s Bottom Butter Diaper Rash Cream, is a wonderful solution to treat the problem of rashes and also to prevent such flare-ups in the first place.
Did you find this article useful? Do share it with your friends and leave a comment below.
Also read: Ang-tatva: Pamper Your Skin The Organic Way
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I have been regularly using this cream for over a period of two months. The review holds my honest views and personal experience of using the same.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa campaign with Blogchatter
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa Blogchatter.
#themomsagas #blogchatter #MyFriendAlexa