It’s the time and age when everyone is moving towards natural and organic living, free from harsh and toxic chemicals. From food to even clothing, ‘organic’ is the new way of life and it seems essential too. There is so much awareness about the harmful effects of the chemical laden-products, that natural seems the safe-way out.
I too prefer using such products for A&A(my twins) that are pure and additive-free. From wooden toys to organic cotton clothes to using steel utensils, we are making a lifestyle shift towards an unadulterated and natural life. One organic brand that we recently got introduced to is Azafran. We received some of its products and I was more than happy to try them for A&A.
Azafran is an established organic skincare group specializing in an array of personal care products and baby care range, to beauty products, infused oils and tea infusions. This natural brand is focused to promote organic living by providing the best quality of organic products to consumers that are completely harmless. What’s unique is that they use ingredients that are grown, harvested, extracted and processed at their own facilities that are Ecocert Certified. Check out their wide range on their website.
We received a few products from Azafran’s baby care range- organic crayons, wash and shampoo, laundry detergent and natural crème. I have tried all the products on A&A. Sharing my personal experience and review of the same.
Azafran Organic Crayons
These crayons are made with organic waxes of Palm & Soya, Organic Soya Butter and Food grade colours. They are non-toxic, eco-friendly and made of USDA certified ingredients.
My kids totally love using these colours. They come in the shape of square blocks that are easy to use for the beginners.
- The block shape helps in improving hand eye coordination and motor skills
- They do not contain any animal derivatives
- They are non-sticky, non-greasy and waterproof
- The stains of the colour can be removed easily.
- The colour gets into the nails of the kids at times
- The pack includes only 8 colour blocks.
Rs 263 for a pack of 6 colours
Azafran D’Fend SPF 30+ Crème
A daily sunscreen that provides protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. It is formulated in water rich with calcium, iron and magnesium. It helps in protecting the skin from seasonal pollution.
We have been using this crème for past one week and it serves its purpose effectively. It has a mild fragrance which is liked by kids.
- It’s suitable for kids above 2 years
- It’s non-greasy and lightweight
- Gets absorbed quickly and doesn’t make the skin white
- Ideal for ‘year-round’ usage irrespective of weather
- The Crème is sweat and water resistant
- It is liquidy and has thin consistency, needs to be applied like a lotion.
Rs 525 for a 100g pack
Azafran Baby Gentle Body Wash And Shampoo
It’s a paraben-free and sulpahte-free shampoo, made of mineral rich water, organic glycerine and coconut sourced ingredients.
It comes in a plastic tube with a lid that makes it easy to use. The shampoo has a good consistency and a mild fragrance.
- It’s suitable for delicate child skin
- It’s free of toxins and harmful chemicals.
- Cleanses the skin and hair well without drying
- Travel-friendly packaging
- The shampoo requires a bit of extra washing
Rs 300 for a 200g pack
Azafran Tropical Breeze Liquid Laundry Detergent
An eco-friendly detergent made with plant materials and coconut derived ingredients. It doesn’t contain animal by-products, neither has been tested on animals.
The fact that it is India’s first plant based detergent is impressive. It is easy on clothes and can be used for both handwash and machine-wash.
- Removes tough stains and eliminates unpleasant odours.
- It’s gentle on dark colored and delicate fabrics. Can also be used for cloth diapers
- Doesn’t make the clothes rough
- Has a mild fragrance
I couldn’t find any drawback in the product.
Rs 300 for a 1 Lt Pack
When it comes to our kids, we all prefer natural products that are free of harmful chemicals. What’s better than this unique brand Azafran that promises organic products made of plant resources. I really liked their range, especially the crayons and the laundry detergent. If you are looking for a brand that’s mild and natural, you must check Azafran out.
Did you find this review useful? Do share your views in the comments below.
Also Read : Organic Cotton Ethnic Wear By Keebee