Do you know turmeric, one of the most common kitchen spices, is considered as a ‘golden herb’ in Ayurveda? Given to its health benefits and pharmacological properties, it is considered as one of the most powerful natural medicines.
The main active compound in turmeric is Curcumin which is a widely used plant in various Indian medicines. Certain diseases are more prevalent in women than men, and curcumin is that powerful agent that can help prevent various health challenges especially posed by women. Adding Curcumin supplement in daily diet can benefit women in multiple ways.
Curcumin Health Benefits For Women
Daily intake of curcumin supplements can help women in various ways –
1. Reduces menstrual problems- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial property which helps in easing out period pains and other common female reproductive health problems like PCOS, uterine fibroids, endometrosis and vaginitis.
2. Powerful anti-cancer agent– Curcumin has anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties which is useful in treatment of various types cancers especially that which affect female organs like breast or ovarian cancer.
3. Treats Diabetes – Curcumin has anti-diabetic property. It helps in the treatment of diabetes and also prevents in various complications related to the same.
4. Protects from heart disease– Curcumin improves heart health and helps in treatment of various heart diseases and speeds up the recovery process.
5. A natural antidepressant– Depression and mood swings are more common in women due to various hormonal changes that occur in their body. Curcumin has anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties which is very effective in treating depression.
6. Treats arthritis and osteoporosis– Curcumin has the ability to protect and preserve bone minerals and relieve pain. So it’s immensely beneficial in conditions related to bones like osteoporosis and arthritis.
7. Fights Urinary-tract infection– UTI is a common problem in women and curcumin being antioxidant in nature acts as a kidney protective agent and prevents the problem of UTI.
8. Helps in Weight Management – If all these benefits weren’t enough, it is believed that curcumin helps immensely in with weight loss and management. It helps control appetite and manage body fat which is inflammatory in nature.
Curcumin possesses a number of health benefits. One can easily increase the intake of turmeric in daily diet. However a typical turmeric root contains only about 2-5% curcumin, so taking an unstandardized turmeric root powder would mean a very large amount of turmeric is required to be consumed on daily basis to get a beneficial amount of Curcumin. Instead, taking specific Curcumin extract supplements can help better.
About Zenith Nutrition’s Curcumin Supplement ( Curcumin Plus With Piperine)
Curcumin has low oral bioavailability, i.e. it is not easily absorbed by our body. It requires additional elements like Piperine to increase its absorption in the body. Zenith Nutrition’s Curcumin Plus capsule contains a concentration of both Curcumin and Piperine. It’s each serving contains 500mg of Curcumin (upto 95%) and 5mg of Piperine. These vegetarian capsules have higher absorption value which makes them super effective.
1. Has antioxidant properties that can help protect cells from free radical damage.
2. Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response.
3. Aids to protect brain cells.
4. Supports to maintain a healthy liver
Why Zenith Nutrition
I recommend Zenith Nutrition’s Curcumin Supplement as-
1. It delivers an optimal amount of both curcumin and piperine in single daily capsule.
2. It does not contain salt or sugar.
3. Is Gluten free
4. Also free from artificial flavors
5. Is completely suitable for vegetarians.
6. Is Toxin free
7. Is Approved by FSSAI.
The supplement facts, dosage and directions of use are clearly mentioned on the pack.
Price & Availability
The pack of 60 capsules costs Rs 873 (on discount) and is easily available at Amazon and on Zenith Nutrition’s website.
My mother takes Zenith Nutrition’s Curcumin supplement regularly. It’s daily consumption has helped control her diabetes. She also feels more active and vigorous.
Usually curcumin extracts are believed to have an impact on digestion, and may lead to an upset stomach. But given to the adequate concentration of curcumin and piperine in these supplements by Zenith Nutrition, she did not face any stomach issue. She has also found tremendous improvement in her knee and joint pains.
Women face various health concerns and something as natural as curcumin can benefit in safeguarding them from various diseases. Do speak with your doctor before starting these supplements and discuss any pre-existing health condition, if any – to make sure that these are completely beneficial for you. Pregnant women or lactating mothers are throughly advised to seek health care expert’s opinion before trying these supplements
Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post, however, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
There is no guarantee that every person using this product will experience similar results. Results depend upon a lot of other factors and may vary from person to person. These are health supplements and are not to be replaced with medicines. Always consult your health care expert before using the same.
Did you find this post useful ? Do share your views in the comments below.