Tea-time is incomplete without namkeen, right? Sharing a simple Poha Chivda Namkeen Recipe that is a hit at my home. It’s quick and easy-to-make (just 15 mins), tastes delicious and is much healthier than the regular store-bought namkeens that are cooked in an inferior quality oil. It tastes even better when cooked using ingredients from organic brands.
Poha Chivda Namkeen is made from assortment of ingredients that are readily available at home. It is a healthy, nutritious snack that can be stored in an air-tight container for around 10-15 days and can be consumed as an evening snack or with dishes like upma, etc.
It can be served to kids as well. I give it to my kids as their mid-day snack or in the evenings when hunger pangs strike them and I donot have much time to cook something quickly. They relish it a lot. It’s one non-spicy, easy-to-eat nutritious snack that’s a hit among kids as well.
Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to pin this post for future reference.
Quick Poha Chivda Namkeen
- 3 cups poha
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup dry coconut, chopped
- 2 tbsp gram dal
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hing / asafoetida
- Few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- In a wok, dry roast poha on medium flame till it turns crisp. Keep aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil. Now, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennels seeds, hing and curry leaves. Stir well.
- Add peanuts and roast till they turn golden.
- Add gram dal, dry coconut and cashews. Let them roast.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Now, add the roasted poha and mix gently.
- . Switch off the flame and add salt and powdered sugar.
- Mix everything well. Poha Chivda Namkeen is ready. Let it cool and store in an air-tight container
Did you like the recipe? Do share your views in the comments below.
In case you try this recipe, do share with us and tag us on social media. Follow us on Instagram @themomsagas for more such quick, easy and healthy recipes. DM us for any query.