I know you would be surprised seeing me address you through this letter. Usually you find me in a different set-up where I have a bell and joss sticks in my hand and you sit decorated in the beautiful temple of my house. That set-up is more formal and elaborate. This one is more real and gives me a chance to write my heart out.
You must be wondering why I am writing a letter to you. As if my daily prayers and wishes weren’t enough that I have another wish ready for you. In my daily prayers, I chant, sing for you and express my hopes which I know only you can fulfil. But today I am writing this letter to express my gratitude. Apart from my existence, there are several things in my life that I am grateful for. I have never been that expressive when it came to saying thank you, so today I am taking this opportunity to do the same.
Let me begin my list of thank you from the very start-
1. You have always been very kind. I am born in the most beautiful family. My mom is my source of inspiration; dad my pillar of strength and sister my advisor. They all love me and help me understand my life, which is given by you. Thank you for making me a part of a such a special family.
2. You always helped me overcome my inner fears. As a young girl, I was an anxious student always worrying about each and everything in life. Before every exam I would cry thinking I would fail. But you always helped me give my best. Thank you for letting me reach my full potential and emerge as a confident student.
3. You have always heard my dreams and fulfilled them. Getting into a college of my choice that too for my favourite course, was nothing less than a dream. But it came true! And I got to live my dream in the best possible way. Thank you for letting it happen without many obstacles.
4. You have always made things easy for me. I never thought I would ever fall in love. But I did, that too with the right person. I believed with all the cultural differences we would face a lot of hindrance getting married, but we didn’t. Thank you for keeping things in our stride and making it such a smooth ride.
5. You have always been very generous when it came to fulfil my wishes. So, when I prayed for one little bundle of joy, you blessed me with two. Never in my life I imagined that I would have twins. Thank you for gifting me the two most precious souls in life.
6. You have always shown me the right path. Now when my kids are growing, I find it difficult to maintain my sanity with their growing needs and demands. But even in the most stressful moments, a mere thought of you keeps me sane. Thank you for instilling some sense in me and help me cope with such situations in the best possible way.
7. You have always kept me safe. There have been times when I have been off guard, unprepared for the dreadful situations in life. But I could always feel the invisible shelter that you created to keep me protected. Thank you for keeping me safe and secure.
8. You have always provided me peace. When everything around me turn negative, I gain strength thinking about you. Even a two minute of meditation helps me to come out of all the negative emotions and retain my calm. Thank you for keeping me positive and hopeful even in the toughest of situations.
9. You have always been my silent listener. I never had to shout or cry aloud. You have heard things that I sometimes just whispered in my mind. Thank you for hearing even the most silent prayers of my heart.
10. You have always been there when I needed you. I may not speak to you everyday. I am quite irregular with my prayers. But everytime I look for you, you ensure to make your presence felt. Thank you for not giving up on me.
You must be wondering that my thank you list is not as long, as usually my wish list is. This letter may be short but is straight from my heart. Every time I count my blessings, I find myself fortunate and lucky. Thank you for blessing me always. My faith in you will always remain intact and unshakeable.
Your sincere and firm believer
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words #6 . This is my Day 5’s post based on the prompt- ‘write a letter’.
Also read my post on Day 4’s prompt- Birthday of 2015: The Most Memorable Day of My Life
#writetribe #writebravely #festivalofwords #writingchallenge
This Post Has 30 Comments
What a beautiful post Charu.A greatful soul is always a beautiful soul .Enjoyed reading this.
Beautiful post! I ought to take time out to thank him too ?
Thank you ☺️
Such a true & honest letter. It brought back sweet old memoriesof this – letter to God- as assignment given to my students while I was working. I enjoyed reading a mux of many emotions and dialogues.
This is a lovely way to show your gratitiude and is indeed a warm read Charu! Good going!
Thank you ☺️
I thank God for every breath I take. And I can feel the satisfaction we get after thanking Him.
That’s awesome Charu. In our busy life we forget to say thank you to the almighty for every moment, every small joy. Thank you for this wonderful reminder.
A lovely letter. You have written from the heart and I am sure God must be smiling too on reading this. ☺️☺️
Thank you ☺️
Pingback: Featuring Sulbha Bathwal: A Mother Who Believes In Raising Her Twins The Montessori Way
That was a heartfelt post dear. Hope you have a wonderful life ahead. with lots of blessing from god to you and your family
Thank you, Anchal
What a beautiful letter, so full of gratitude and very heartfelt.
Although I am an agnostic & can’t relate to the post much, but I know the feeling of being grateful & feeling lucky to have all the wonderful people in life and being blessed with everything we have. A very positive post. Loved reading it.
Such a beautiful letter! Taking time to say thanks to the power which gives us strength is much needed. Heartfelt post, Charu.
Beautiful letter. It’s so easy to ask for things we don’t have but we usually forget to be thankful for all we have. This letter reminded me about all the things I have to be grateful for.
Pingback: A Unique Letter To Santa Claus - TheMomSagas
wow…thanks letter to god…
a list of the deeds to thank him
That’s a beautiful post. Such heartfelt words. Being grateful is least we could do.
This is so touching.Let the Lord’s name be praised Amen.
What a heartfelt letter to God. Be blessed. We love you Father.
I am thankful and grateful for God’s love and mercy upon me and my family.
dear god take the virus away when iget the second shot for the virus next month your friend andy
dear god take the virus away when igo tooget the second shot for the virus next wednesday your friend andy
Even during the toughest times of your life, there is still a myriad of reasons for you to be grateful. Gratitude is a way for one to have contentment in life— appreciating the little things that nurture your life. You can experience many difficult times in your life. However, if you notice, you get past it, which gives you more reasons to make the most out of it. Counting your blessings is really important if you want to experience the real meaning of happiness. Read my blog
Reasons Be Grateful Every Day
Hope this will help also. Thank you.