‘Learning Journey Designed As Play’ – Skola Toys
Kids are usually eager to learn about the world around them, and they have much to learn too. They easily get fascinated by every new shape, sound, colour that they see in their surroundings and it all adds to their learning experience.
As children grow they achieve various milestones. Each growing stage marks a certain set of skills that help in their overall development. Something that facilitates this and helps them to master those skills and traits are the learning toys.
There are very few companies that design toys keeping in consideration the age-wise learning capabilities of the child. One company that does consider this is SKOLA TOYS. They consider learning as a journey and not just a destination. All their toys are educational and promote specific learning journeys that provide children an opportunity to play, explore, discover and learn.
We recently received a learning toy from Skola – Rolling Car Slope– that focuses on learning journey through motion. Children understand the basic concept of motion by seeing moving objects and learning the cause and effect of the movement. They also comprehend the idea of speed and force in the process.
About Skola Toys
Skola toys have been created by a team that has a wide and extensive experience in the Early Education. Inspired by Dr. Montessori, they promote the multi-sensory approach and offer toys that engage all the five senses of the child towards a single objective that significantly enhances learning. All Skola toys are natural and environment-friendly, made of wood sourced from renewable sources. Their toys are compliant with international standards of safety. Visit their site to have a look at their vast collection and the various learning journeys they promote through their wonderful toys. Click here!
About The Rolling Car Slope by Skola Toys
The Rolling Car Slope is the Stage 3 toy in the series of learning journey through motion.
Stage 1 includes toys like Cascade Cars which help the kids to learn the skill of tracking the moving object.
Stage 2 involves kids to learn the effect of applying force on the objects. It includes toys like Pull Along Shape Bus;
Stage 3 promotes the understanding of controlling speed and varying force. This in turn sets the basis of learning complex motion
The Rolling Car Slope toy involves building a grid of slopes to race miniature cars. The child has to place the cars on the top and push them to roll down at different speeds. This helps the child to learn the following-
1. Concentration– The process of cars rolling down the slopes helps kids to understand the effect of leaving cars with less or more force from the top. This helps to develop concentration and focus among them.
2. Visual Tracking Skills– Their visual tracking skill improves by following the movement of the car. This is a critical pre-reading skill and is also good for physical sports, at later age.
3. Motion Awareness– Kids understand the concept of speed, motion, force and time factor as they analyze the movements of the cars whizzing down. They simply understand the impact of their actions.
4. Fine-Motor Skills– Their fine motor skill is enhanced as they learn to place the cars, move and stop them, etc.
Both Aarav and Aarohi have a deep penchant for cars and vehicles. So this toy was perfect to keep them excited and happily engaged. They loved tracking the moving cars and could almost spend hours playing with this toy. Every time the car would roll down they would rush to put it back on the top only to let it cascade down again. They would not even take their eyes off just to see how the cars move. I was quite surprised to see them playing patiently yet enthusiastically with this fabulous toy.
What we Liked About Skola Toys
1. The toy reached to us in proper packaging.
2. It came with a few colours and sticker sheets.
3. The toy was packed in a doodle box which kids could use for coloring.
4. This is a hundred percent wooden toy- durable and environment-friendly.
5. The toy doesn’t have any sharp edges. The corners are perfectly rolled out.
6. The slopes are of different colours, that makes the toy bright and attractive for the young eyes.
This is a bulky toy and requires assembly at home. It also contains small parts/screws and is meant for kids above the age of 2.5.
Price & Availability
The toy costs Rs 1745 and is available on Skola’s website. You can check more about the toy here.
Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post. However the views and opinions expressed here are my own. I was sent this toy by the brand to use and share my experience. The review holds my honest opinion and personal experience of using the same for more than a month.
Did you find this article useful ? Do share your views in the comments below.
Check out another review of Skola Toys by a dear friend Udita, from With Love Zuzu – Geometry Toy Review
Also read : Joyful Learning Journey Through Fun And Play