As a child I would always have a box in which I would collect stamps and souvenirs gathered from different places. Those small collectibles not just added to my wonderful memories but also made me learn a lot about the places I would visit. When I first saw the Globetrotters box, I was reminded of my childhood days. I could see a modern day equivalent to my treasured memory box. While I was filled with nostalgia, I was equally excited to explore what this discovery box had to offer.
The Globetrotters Country Box is full of highly stimulating and skill enhancing activities that make learning fun and interesting for kids. In today’s times when kids have fascination for YouTube videos, activity-based subscription boxes are a great alternative to keep kids happily engaged.
What is Globetrotters Box
Globetrotters Box is a creative way to make children learn about different countries of the world. With the aim of developing a sense of discovery and adventure in kids, these boxes are full of DIY activities that provide kids a fun-based learning experience.
These are monthly subscription boxes designed for kids between 4-12 years of age. Each month a country themed activity box is delivered at your doorstop. The boxes include countries like Australia, Japan, Egypt, Italy, UK and US and contain carefully curated activities that can keep kids involved for a long time.
What’s Inside A Globetrotters Box.
Each Globetrotters box contains 4 to 5 activities that revolve around a country. Activities vary from art and craft to simple puzzles and more. Everything related to the specific country is included in the pack in the form of flash cards, souvenirs or activity sheets.
The first box comes with a large world map and a passport! After that with each new box, child receives various stickers that can be added to the passport. Isn’t it an awesome way to create curiosity and enthusiasm in kids?
Price and Availability
There are various types of Globetrotters boxes available-
1.Little Explorers world kit for kids aged 4-6 years
2. Young Explorers world kit for kids aged 6- 12 years.
3. Party boxes which are craft kits for kids above 3 years of age.
The country based subscription boxes are priced at Rs 799 and the craft kit vary from Rs 399 to Rs 699, depending upon the theme. They are available under various subscription plans of 3 months, 6 months and 9 months. You can check the entire range and all the available subscription plans on their website here.
We received the Globetrotters UK Country box. The box looked promising from outside. Since it is meant for kids aged 4 to 6 years, it was my 5 years old niece who tried it. She loves art and craft and so thoroughly enjoyed each and every activity that was included in the kit.
Her excitement had no bound when she saw a special letter by her pen pals from Planet Mozo who took her to the beautiful and royal land of UK.
As she opened the box further, she found the following-
1. A Passport (for entering the country)
2. Large Illustrated World Map (Premium quality)
3. DIY Medieval Royal Castle Activity Kit
4. UK Flag Fridge Magnet Activity Kit
5. British Royal Crown Activity Kit
6. UK Big Ben Craft Based Kit
7. Flash cards on famous monuments of UK
8. A Royal Guard Souvenir that can be preserved as a momento for visiting UK
While she enjoyed doing all the activities, her most favourite one was crafting the Big Ben. Somehow the idea of a clock tower fascinated her a lot.
With the help of flash cards she could remember the names of all the famous monuments of UK.
Through this country box, she learnt many facts about UK’s culture, history and lifestyle and guess what, she now wants to visit UK soon.
What’s Impressive About Globetrotters Box
1. Activities included in the box are well-researched and age appropriate.
2. They provide a holistic experience to kids and cover development of various skills like problem solving, number skills and fine motor skills.
3. The activities are highly engaging aimed at building imagination and creative learning.
4. Most of the activities focus on DIY art and craft which can keep the child engaged for hours together.
5. All the material for each activity( like glue, sketch pens, sheets, etc) is included in the kit. Also the material is of premium quality.
6. The instructions and guidelines for each activity is also mentioned in detail.
7. Parents can join their kids in their journey to a new country and enjoy some fun-filled family time.
What Could Have Been Better
1. Since most of the activities are art and craft based, they can only be performed once. And so the material given is not reusable.
2. While the other country boxes include puzzles along with DIY activity kits, the one we received didn’t include any puzzle. It would be great to see a balance of both craft based kits, coloring sheets and puzzles in all the country boxes.
My niece wants to try all the country boxes one by one and embellish her room with all the souvenirs, monuments and items she would craft with each kit. Now doesn’t that sound like a plan?
Globetrotters box is a wonderful way to make kids learn about geography and cultures around the globe. That too by involving them in hands-on fun that encourages curiosity, boosts creativity, and instills confidence. If your child is between the age of 4 to 12, you must subscribe to Globetrotters Box to provide him/her a unique learning experience.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was sent this country box to explore and share my views about it. The review holds my personal experience and honest opinions of trying all the activities that were included in the box.
Also read Review: Funky Monkeys Indoor Play Area