Play is the work of the child. And what’s better than a dedicated play area that allows the child to jump, crawl, climb, hop and do all that he wants while ensuring the highest standards of safety and cleanliness. We recently visited one such center- Funky Monkeys Indoor Play Area where kids had a time of their life. They enjoyed to the extent that they didn’t want to return from this place.
About Funky Monkeys
Funky Monkeys is an entertainment-packed indoor play center designed exclusively for kids aged 6 months to 12 years. Launched in 2012 it currently has 7 world class centers across the country in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai and Surat. In no time, it has become India’s premier indoor play center and birthday party venue for kids.
1. Funky Monkeys indoor play area has two play zones (Toddler Zone & Junior Zone) which include a variety of soft play equipments that are unique and stimulating and meet international safety certifications.
2. They are open 7 days a week and offer facilities like free WiFi, valet parking, first aid kit and CCTV monitors on site.
3. The play center can host birthday parties, play dates & school group mornings. They are open to host school field trips and class outings for kids up to 12 years of age.
4. They offer one hour and two-hour drop-in play sessions as well as memberships. Also offer siblings discount on membership packages.
5. They house a fully equipped Cafe and can handle all food and entertainment requirements for a party.
Funky Monkeys Andheri center has different charges for weekdays and weekends. A 90 minute fun session would cost around Rs. 460 on a weekday and Rs. 560 on a weekend with Rs 100 more for each additional hour. The cost includes the entry ticket for one kid and two accompanying adults. They have different rate cards for various centers in different cities.
We visited the Funky Monkeys Andheri Center and had a memorable experience. This was the first time my kids visited an indoor play area and they enjoyed thoroughly. It took them initial five minutes to settle at the place but once settled, their fun had no limit.
They tried every activity they could. From slides to trampoline to crawling into the tunnels-they did it all. But they enjoyed the most at the ball pit. The bright red and yellow coloured balls were too attractive for them to leave.
They play area has multiple play stations placed at strategic locations. Be it rotating the wheels or adding the numbers- there is a lot for children to both learn and enjoy.
Both A n A( Aarav and Aarohi) specifically loved the musical activity station and played a lot with the musical bells.
The entire play zone is well padded ensuring complete safety for the kids. There was a birthday party organized when we visited the center, so we could get the glimpse of the lovely birthday decorations as well. The balloons that A n A picked from the decorations kept them busy throughout their ride back home.
After enormous fun that lasted for a good two hours, A n A enjoyed their favourite potato smileys and french fries at the cafeteria. It was good to see that the center allows a child-friendly menu and a high-chair facility.
Few things really impressed us and deserve a special mention –
1. Their staff is super friendly and courteous and attended well to our various queries.
2. Like any other play area, socks is a must to enter the play zone. We unfortunately forgot to carry our pair. We were provided a fresh and new packet of socks at the center itself.
3. Play supervisors are always on their toes, ensuring smooth play. They usually give personal attention to younger kids.
Both A n A were not left alone for a single second. They, in fact, made good friends with the staff members.
4. Parents are allowed to enter the play area. So we could accompany the kids in all the sections they went.
I couldn’t resist myself from stepping onto the huge slides with them. It was a great bonding time for us as a family.
5. They have a cafeteria overlooking the play area. So in between we could sit for a while and sip some coffee while watching the kids enjoying free play.
6. Their bathroom is kid friendly. So we had a hassle free diaper changing time.
There is nothing disappointing about Funky Monkeys indoor play area except the fact that it has only two branches in Mumbai and so we had to commute far to explore this place. We wish more centers of this fun place open soon across the city.
We had a great evening at Funky Monkeys. It was lovely to see the little explorers enjoying in a space that allows them safe, free and unstructured play. We are surely going to visit this place again soon.
Disclaimer : This is not a sponsored post. We were invited by Funky Monkeys to visit their play center and share our experience. The review holds our honest opinion and exact experience of being at the place.