Amongst all the baby essentials that I use, one thing that I just can’t do without is baby wipes. Be it to clean the baby’s face or bums or removing the food stains- wipes are one handy option. They are a quick and easy solution to clean all the mess created by the baby. I use baby wipes liberally and usually don’t step out of the house without one pack in my bag.
Eye-opening Facts About Baby Wipes
There is no doubt that baby wipes are a super convenient option. But recently I came across a few eye-opening facts about baby wipes that left me aghast. I realised that the wipes I usually use has the base material, POLYESTER which not only pollute seas and clogs drain but also take hundreds of years to decompose landfill. Most of the baby wipes available in the market contain ‘Phenoxyethanol’, an ingredient linked to skin conditions like eczema. Infact some of the baby wipes also include alcohol and other preservatives which are not recommended to be used on the child’s delicate skin.
Facts like these got me thinking. .On one hand we ensure our kids live in a clean and green environment, on the other we are using products that are adverse to the same. Thankfully I came across one brand that thinks on the same lines and provides a safer and eco-friendly alternative.
About Mamaearth’s Baby Wipes
Mamaearth needs no introduction. It is a well- known name in the baby and mother care range of products. It’s toxin-free, organic products are quite popular for being safe and natural.
Mamaearth recently launched India’s 1st Organic bamboo based wipes. These wipes are biodegradable, pediatrician- tested and certified by Made Safe Organization. What’s interesting is that these wipes are 100 percent polyester free, pH balanced and hypoallergenic. The bamboo fibre makes these wipes more breathable than the cotton ones.
Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Lavender Essential Oil, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Aloe Vera Extract, Water, Potassium Sorbate
Our Experience with Mamaearth’s Baby Wipes
It’s been more than two weeks that we have been using Mamaearth’s baby wipes and we are quite happy with the experience. The fact that we are using a product that’s environmentally safe is a great psychological relief. Also these wipes work wonderfully on dry and tender skin of the child.
Here are a few things that we liked the most-
- These are toxin free and contain no bleach, dyes, petrochemicals, chlorine or sulphates.
- Given to the mild ingredients, they are safe enough to be used daily on the child’s skin. They do not cause any redness or irritation or rashes on the tender baby skin
- They have a good moisturizing capacity and do not strip away the natural oils of the skin.
- The wipes are soft, flexible in texture and easy to use.
- The presence of Aloe Vera and Shea Butter in these wipes have a soothing effect on the baby’s skin.
- They have a mild natural fragrance which is supremely pleasing.
- The packaging of the product is well-thought of. The double lid ensures that the pack is properly sealed and the moisture is not lost. This also makes them a travel-friendly product.
Price and Availability
A pack of 72 wipes is priced at Rs 249. You may find them a bit expensive when compared to other brands available in the market. But the fact that these are fully organic and one of its kind makes them totally worth it. You can find these baby wipes easily available on Mamaearth’s website and First Cry.
Ensuring a step towards a clean, green and safe environment, Mamaearth’s bamboo based baby wipes is a great alternative to the plastic ridden polyester wipes. Try them once for yourself to experience their goodness!